Saturday, November 3, 2012

Another post from Facebook...

I should add that Facebook has become a "big thing" here of late. It's sort of one of the first touchpoints in the connection with the outside world here... and many of the journalists, politicians, political wanna-bes, etc. have joined the throngs on FB. One of these days I'll list some of the many FB groups about or from SL.

The "reds" (APC) certainly were out in numbers today - photographed on Siaka Stevens St. Freetown at around 1:00PM on Tuesday the 30th of October. And this... I've never had so many different hands in my front pockets as I have today... Nor have I had so many people grabbing at my little camera... At one point, someone grabbed my motorbike keys from my pocket. I grabbed his wrist and he dropped the keys and took off. Keys rescued... and then buried even deeper in my pocket. It's wise NOT to carry cash, phones, cameras, keys, sunglasses, etc. during these fun-filled afternoons. Another lesson learned in Freetown. S/

No comments:

Post a Comment