Monday, June 1, 2009

Heading "up-country"

Other than heading to the local beaches, I've been sequestered in Freetown since my arrival. But tomorrow, I'm heading "up-country" to a place called, Mile 91, which, coincidentally is about 100 miles from Freetown. I'll be checking out the scenery, meeting some folks from several NGOs and hanging out with some African farmers. Maybe we can share shepherding secrets...

I'll be spending the night in the village and then traveling to another village, Yoni, to visit with an NGO that's operating some sort of computer/internet training program... Imagine, a computer lab in the middle of this tiny village. Should be interesting.

I'm looking forward to meeting lots of folks, (I'm brushing up on my Temne and Fuller language books) taking lots of photos and seeing the country.

Back soon,
Stephen

1 comment: